We are an organization of foster parents, which supports the development of foster care through informing, consulting, advocacy and lobbying to protect the rights for family care of vulnerable children in Bulgaria.
We do this by:
- Informing and consulting foster parents about their rights, responsibilities and opportunities;
- Defending children’s right to live in dignity in a family environment;
- Supporting the government and the stakeholders for the development of foster care, by proposing improvement of the process through legislative amendments;
- Helping in reducing the regional disparities in the implementation of foster care;
- Promoting the benefits, challenges and problems of foster carе in Bulgaria;
- Promoting the good practices of the International Foster Care Organization (IFCO), member of which is NFCA.